VACANCIES AT MEDIRIGHT
Mediright is a new and progressive Occupational Health business, providing high quality health care in the workplace. We are looking to expand our highly skilled workforce by offering the job position below:
Job Title Peripatetic Nurse Advisor
Reports to Directors
Responsible For Providing a caring and respectful service to Mediright clients and their employees.
Our Nurses must be enthusiastic and caring Nurses to provide services in various UK locations. They must have excellent communication skills and demonstrate a caring and respectful attitude towards our clients and their employees.
They must be flexible in their approach and prepared to drive a mobile health screen vehicle and organise their own workload within specified criteria’s.
Certificate, diploma or degree in Occupational Health desirable. Possible opportunity for further training for a suitably experienced candidate with experience in occupational health wishing to further develop his/her skills. Minimum requirement qualified to RGN with experience.
£18.00 per hour plus benefits
- To manage own workload and prioritise own actions in the working environment with minimal supervision.
- Be a confident and experienced driver prepared to drive medical screening vehicles with on board surveillance facilities and deliver the Mediright services throughout the UK
- Be prepared to have a flexible approach to working hours and the requirement for occasional overnight stays.
- To maintain and develop a first class occupational health service for Mediright clients and their employees.
- To promote high standards of health and safety amongst clients employees in line with current legislation.
- To provide professional advice to external clients on occupational health and wellbeing issuesTo implementation and promote Mediright occupational health policies, procedures, protocols and standards of practice.
- To work with Mediright clients and participate and promote new Occupational Health initiatives and health promotion events as required
- To implementation and promote Mediright occupational health policies, procedures, protocols and standards of practice.
- To provide support and advise with the clients management of sickness absence and health surveillance programmes
- Adopt a client-focused approach in service delivery.
- The designated nurse is to explain the purpose of the consultation to the employee to ensure full understanding and rationale for surveillance prior to obtaining consent to proceed.
- The nurse is to explain all procedures prior to testing
- To conduct the health surveillance for clients employees as agreed with the Client Manager and outlined on the Job Sheet
- To conduct health surveillance which may consist of packages of care inclusive of audiometry, spirometry, skin screening, vision screen etc
- To be proficient in interpreting the results of surveillance conducted and accurately identify any areas of concern with surveillance results and refer appropriately to either the employees own GP or Occupational Health Physician where work related is indicated.
- Conduct drug and alcohol testing where required to do so and provide employee and client manager with interim results.
- Evaluate a plan of care for the allocated employees using evidence based practice and a client centred approach to practice with minimal support from Mediright management. .
- Make decisions about priorities of care for a range of employees within the working environment in collaboration with senior colleagues.
- Able to conduct a full range of pre-employment screening and assessments for fitness for work.
- Able to advice on safe systems of work: personal protective equipment and specific client company health surveillance requirements with minimal support.
- Be prepared to attend work sites and advise accordingly on individual employees working environments with a view to making recommendations regarding adjustments
- Perform management referrals and make recommendations regarding adjustments to work, phased return to work and restrictions which may be required to enable an employee to be able to continue employment.
- Able to provide general psychological support following incidents and accidents: to provide health and safety education to employees and groups within the organisation
- Able to identify employees requiring further specialist support and make recommendations for appropriate referral where indicated
- Consult with management on any work related issues which have been identified which may have an adverse effect on the health of their employees
- Work in collaboration with HR and management of Mediright clients to promote good working relationships and continuity of care and provide general advice on any work related health issues.
- Consult with Mediright Director of Nursing where felt appropriate for further specialist advice
- Make reference to and abide by Mediright policies, procedures and guidelines at all times
- The post requires compliance with the standards of confidentiality within Occupational health (RCN guidelines) and work associated information of a confidential nature only to be released following consent from the individual.
- To ensure all client and company information made available is kept confidential
- To maintain a professional and courteous approach at all times
- To liaise with client site management as required
- if you are interested in working for this progressive, caring company please send your CV with covering E mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org